Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Finding a New Home

When we land in a new home in October we will have been traveling for one year.  12 months of living out of a suit case (more or less), working where we could and heading out to wherever the wind took us.  We had thought that Seattle would be our final destination but it appears the Universe had something else in store for us- we are headed to the mystical land of Portland.

This time in Seattle has been priceless- from Opening Day celebrations, time with family and friends, Bumbershoot, and everything in between- I will always hold this time in my heart.  We will back to Seattle often for visits and hope that we will have lots of visitors in Portland.  I am so happy that we are landing in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, as far as I'm concerned it is the most beautiful place in the world to build a life (yes, New Zealand, you are a close second, you are just so far away!).

We are moving in the beginning of October and I hope to spend the rest of my time here visiting with friends and family and squeezing every last opportunity I can out of Seattle while it is a short drive away.

And so in closing, Seattle- I want to offer this song about how amazing it is to live in the great PNW. My new favorite band from Anacortes, WA- the Lonely Forest's- I Don't Want to Live Here (take a listen at http://www.thelonelyforest.com/audio/):

I Don't Want To Live There :

L.A., you made me think
Too much gold and you sink
I don't want to live there, buy there
Or e'en die there
I don't want to live there, buy there
Or e'en die there

Nashville, you're much too safe
Quit weighing the pros and cons
Just create
I don't want to live there, buy there
Or e'en die there
I don't want to live there, buy there
Or e'en die there

Give to me miles of tall evergreens
And the smell of the ocean
And cool mountain breeze
Won't you please?

33rd's singing to me
Birds offer up perfect melody
I just want to live here, love here
And die here
I just want to live here, love here
And die here

Give to me miles of tall evergreens
And the smell of the ocean
And cool mountain breeze
Won't you please?

Hey hey (repeated)







No comments:

Post a Comment